Friday 24 October 2008

Getting Started...

Hi i'm Charis & i'm new to the world of blogging but i'm going to give it a try...

I have recently started making jewellery & have found myself drawn to the mediums of wool & felt which is intriguing as I can't even knit! So my plan is to learn as much about these mediums as I can... learn to felt.. learn to knit... or will crochet be easier??!

Here are a couple of my creations...

This first one is a Tibetan silver fairy threaded onto multi stranded wool threaded with felt beads. Its incredibly lightweight & quite cute.

The one above is the Berry Nice Choker: various beads in berry colours & 3 large (almost 2" in lenghth) felt shapes as focal points all threaded on to copper wire as a multi-strand choker with a hook & eye fastening.
I currently buy my felt pieces from other crafters on http://www.etsy.com/ which is an absolutely amazing site for those not in the know! Some of the artists on there are so inspirational & its an incredibly addictive site!
One of the other skills I shall be working on is my photography as I realise that displaying my pajamas in a shot of something i've created isn't really a good thing!
I am off to do some work but i'll be back soon...











No comments: